StacheStrong is a 501(c)3 Not-for-Profit charity devoted to raising funds and awareness for brain cancer research. My brother, inspiration and co-founder, GJ, courageously battled Glioblastoma (GBM) for 25 months. As if fighting an incurable disease wasn’t enough of a task, he was also focused on helping others in the brain cancer community; that’s the epitome of how to #LiveStacheStrong. We have raised over $415,000 for Brain Cancer Research, including funding and launching 4 separate clinical trials/research grants. We continue to serve as a beacon of hope and support for families facing this dire disease across the globe.
Every May is Brain Cancer Awareness Month, which is of major importance to our family and organization to continually raise awareness and funds for this underrepresented space. We’ve been brewing a collab beer with Oskar Blues the past few years and decided that with the success of that partnership, we could have a baseline and story to make this happen at breweries across the US. We’ve coined the campaign #BrewStacheStrong and are aiming to have breweries take their stab at a S.M.A.S.H for Stache beer in support of our organization. All proceeds we raise go directly to brain cancer research and we think this can be a major annual campaign in the beer community. Together we ARE making a difference!
We are so excited to watch the brewery community come together across the country in support of our mission. The portion of the proceeds you agree to contribute will go directly to funding research to fight this currently incurable disease. We wanted to share a few key points and next steps in preparation for this campaign.
- May is Brain Cancer Awareness month. Brew a “S.M.A.S.H. for Stache” (S4S) to be ready to serve in your taproom during the month of May
- Confirm your commitment and we will plan our social media campaign to raise awareness of your participation
- Provide a copy of your logo, website, social media handles and information about your beer for us to co-promote through our social media platforms
- Provide any digital content of your brewery / brewing process for S4S
- Let us know if you decide to can, bottle, or keg your beer for this campaign and the batch size
- Commit to a charitable contribution of a portion of your S4S sales to StacheStrong
- Promote your participation in this campaign on social media ahead of and during May using #BrewStacheStrong #SMASH4STACHE and tagging @StacheStrong on all major social media platforms.
Meet The 15 Breweries That Have Already Joined the #BrewStacheStrong Campaign!
Oskar Blues in Colorado, Texas and North Carolina
Greenpoint Beer & Ale Co. in Brooklyn, New York
Oddstory Brewing in Chattanooga, Tennessee
Upstate Brewing Company in Elmira, New York
Market Brewing Co. in New Market, Ontario, Canada
Holidaily Brewing Co. in Golden, Colorado
Diversion Brewing Co in Chemung, New York
The North Brewery in Endicott, New York
Angry Dad Brewing in New Jersey
Last Minute Brewing Co. in Scott, Pennsylvania
Midnight Oil Brewing in Newark, Delaware
New Sarum Brewing in Salisbury, North Carolina
Beer Tree in Port Crane and Johnson City, New York
Great Dane Pub and Brewing in Wisconsin
Water Street Brewing Co in Binghamton, New York
- Is StacheStrong a Registered 501(c)3 charity?
- Have we done this before?
Yes,we have partnered with Oskar Blues to do campaign brews for StacheStrong multiple times. They have expanded the barrel output of their StacheStrong beers each year to serve in multiple taprooms, resulting in raising thousands of dollars for StacheStrong.
- Can you use the StacheStrong logo in your Taproom or on your cans/bottles?
Yes, this is encouraged! We will provide access to our logo for your beer.
- Have other breweries considered getting some or all of the raw materials for this beer donated by suppliers?
Yes, Oskar Blues has partnered with a local malt and hop supplier that donated their supply for their S4S charity brews. It truly is a community effort.
- Can we help educate you on StacheStrong and Glioblastoma (GBM)?
Absolutely! We would love to spend 15 minutes or more educating you and your team on our story, charity, and the impact your participation will have. You can also view our 3 part documentary series to get a better sense of our mission.